Monday, May 7, 2007

Turtle Rescue

The other day while driving, I was just about to get on the ramp to I-95 when, in the corner of my eye, I spotted something in the middle of the road. I was where I could not stop to see what it was, so I kept going. But, then, I started thinking about it. Was it a turtle that had gotten turned over? By that time, I was on the expressway so I couldn't turn around. But, I thought, if I don't check on it and I drive back that way later on and see a squashed turtle or one that had been baked from the sun, I'd feel awful. So, I decided to go back to check on it. I went to the next exit and, then, went through a shopping area that had at least 5 four-way stops and 4 speed "humps" (not bumps as most people know them as). Finally, fifteen minutes later, I got back to the poor little creature. After all that worry and concern, it wasn't a turtle-- it was a shoe! I decided the shoe did not need rescuing and could handle itself and once again, I was on my way.

No comments: