Friday, January 11, 2008

88 and going strong!

Mom and Ed

It is so amazing how my mom is able to do what she does at the ripe old age of 88. After my dad died in 2000, I wondered how she would handle everything. She did so much for him and I knew she had a major void in her life. Less than a year later, since I'm divorced with kids, we decided it would be good to buy a house together. But it wasn't long until she met a man at church (2 years younger than her) and, before you knew it, she began a life of wedded bliss. I tell everybody that she eloped to get away from my kids and me. She definitely became much happier living with him than with us! Even though she has been through many health issues, she keeps on going strong. She even makes my son and me dinner once a week. I hope I have half her energy when and if I get to be her age. (I really don't think I'll make it!)

No comments: